This section of our website is about Glacial and Mountaineering Kit available for hire. Day/Week - prices are listed but for hire-periods of over two weeks, reductions can be made.
General Mountain Kit
* The satellite phone hire cost listed is the base hire cost. Phone-call charges are due on top of this.
* Our Avalanche Safety Packs contain a transmitter, probe and shovel.
* Whilst we don't recommend hiring boots for treks since you can hike most of the trails near here in trainers and are likely to get less blisters if using your own footwear. However, we have had enquiries about boot rental and have, on occassion, rented boots out. It just depends on whether or not we happen to have the right size available for you (we do not have a huge range of boot options other than in sizes 38-40 and size 43). Trekking Boots are rented out at €5 / day (and 25€ / week).
|Climbing Helmets||Crampons||Icesacks||ATC or Figure of 8 Belay Device||Ski Mountaineering Adapters||Walking Poles||Day Rucksack||Large Touring Pack||Ski Touring Pack|
Mountain Safety Kit
|Iridium satellite phone||Back Armour||Snowshovels: Ortovox||Avalanche Safety Pack|| Avalanche Transcievers (ARVA Ortovox/DTS Trakers)|| Avalanche Probe. Ortovox/DTS Tracker
|| Climbing harness
* The most common tent that we rent out is a Hilleberg Keron 4 GT. However, we have other models available.
* FYI: Unless you have your own sleeping bag liner you will need to rent one from us if you borrow one of our sleeping bags. * Rent of a multi-fuel stove rental does not include the fuel.
|Tent||Multi-fuel stove||Summer Sleeping bag||Winter Sleeping bag||Closed-cell foam mattress||Sleeping bag inner liner|
RENTAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Rental prices are charged in advance.
To rent equipment from us, you need to present an ID and provide contact details.
The renter is obliged to return the rental equipment at the end of the rental period. Late returns will incur an additional charge according to the price list.
The use of rental equipment is always at the tenant's own risk. The condition of the equipment is always checked before rental and upon return.
The renter undertakes to return the equipment in the condition in which it was when rented and, if necessary, to replace the damaged parts or equipment.
We also charge the renter for the cost of the repair itself.
Lost / non-returned items incur the full cost of the replacement of that item.
Using the equipment in the way that it is designed should not result in damages. However, you can purchase peace of mind kit hire insurance that covers the rental period @ €10/day. The insurance covers all parts that you are liable for and all repair costs.
Customers are liable for:
Walking Pole Breakage: €30
Small rips in tent or sleeping bag fabric: €20
Breakage of a stove part: €50
Breakage of an Avalanche transmitter: €25